RE: [ curl-Bugs-627326 ] 7.10.x SSL Win32 cannot work with https

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:49:49 -0400

That's because of a new feature, detailed in the file named "UPGRADE", that requires the use of either a ca (certificate authority) bundle containing the appropriate CA certificate, or the "-k" option to turn of certificate checking.

We are working on a couple of ideas for making this work a little easier on Windows, but currently the binary build doesn't even contain this file...

Hey Daniel - could the error message be changed? Instead of "verify failed", could we have "verify failed (use --ca-cert or -k)"?

--Kevin