Re: curl-7.10.1: recent 'stunnel' version breaks tests

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:02:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 kromJx_at_crosswinds.net wrote:

> This is my patch to make the https/ftps tests play well with both older and
> newer versions of stunnel.

Thanks, I've applied and am testing it out right now.

> - the file 'stunnel.pem' is supposed to contain confidential data
> and should be created/distributed with more secure permissions.

It's only used for the curl test suite. Anyone using for anything other than
that is not sane. The test suite's servers should never be used for anything
else but to test curl anyway, they're notoriously badly written and only work
for test purposes, not for anything else.

> - for some weird reason some tests' success/failure depends on the
> order they are executed. I can't tell for sure whether it's a
> timing problem (ie. test servers slow to start or die), or something
> else, but I was able to reproduce it with something as simple as:

I've noticed this too previously but I haven't yet had opportunity to fix
this problem. If you find out why this happens, I'm all ears!