Re: C++ Wrapper for Curl 7.9.8

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:36:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Nicholas Parson wrote:

> I downloaded and installed curl 7.9.8 successfully on my rh 7.3 linux
> workstation. After this I downloaded the curlcpp zip file from the link
> that was posted on the curl web site. I noticed a file in that archive
> named "testcurlcpp.cp". In this file I found a #include
> <GUSICommandLine.h> directive. When I tried to compile this program with
> g++ -E testcurlcpp.cp I got a error from the compiler saying that the
> GUSICommandLine.h file could not be found on my system. Is this header
> file supposed to come with curl or what??? It seems to be using a function
> similiar to the builtin getopt() function...

1. libcurl and related issues are taken on the curl-library mailing list! ;-)
  (This mail is cc'ed over there too now.)

2. That c++ interface is rather old and crude (as I've understood it).
  There's a newer one that Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre works on, that is
  still only avaiable from CVS AFAIK.