Re: cURL Win32 SSL Binary won't do anything

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:12:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, hunter wrote:

> Last night I discovered why the SSL version of curl would not work. It
> required a DLL that has changed (name) or in other words, needs an old
> version of OpenSSL.

I don't think the DLL name need to be related to which version it is.

> I executed cURL in an odd way and finally got an error message - it was
> asking for the DLL, libssl32.dll. Using google I was able to locate the
> binaries for this DLL and its companion libeay32.dll, but these appear to
> be OpenSSL 0.9.6d (I tried to build the source with newer openssl but had
> problems ... this must be the reason for the cURL beta source).

Right, we provide binary versions of some openssl packages on the curl site,
0.9.6d being the latest one present there.

> I was providing OpenSSL 0.9.6g - since that is the most recent source. I
> have not been following the development of OpenSSL long enough to know of
> the apparent API change.

AFAIK, there is no API changes between those versions no. I've been able to
replace the libraries fine on systems (not windows though) without
recompiling curl.

Anyway, at least it works for you now!