Re: cURL Win32 SSL Binary won't do anything

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:06:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, hunter wrote:

> Does anyone know why I cannot get the SSL binary to do anything ... not
> even generate the manual or version number. The Non-SSL binary workse fine
> and I am using exactly the same command lines.
>
> 2002.09.18 20.47 139,238 curl-7.9.8-win32-nossl.zip
> 2002.09.18 20.46 143,342 curl-7.9.8-win32-ssl.zip
>
> I thought perhaps the problem was because it could not find libeay32.dll or
> ssleay32.dll, but I have put them in the same directory.
>
> I am stumped... but reading through docs. If someone knows what I am doing
> wrong I would appreciate a hint.

I'm not usually running windows, but when I've done so, I've used curl from
those packages with success, as have hundreds or perhaps thousands of other
users.

This indicates that the error is in your system/environment and not in the
binaries.

Unfortunately, I have no clues at all to what the problem might be.