Re: cURL 7.9.8 with OpenSSL-0.9.6g on RHLinux 7.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:16:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 rmitchell_at_eds.com wrote:

> In curl's './configure --help' there are a couple of flags for specifying
> Kerberos headers and libraries:
>
> --with-krd4-includes=DIR --with-krb4-libs=DIR
>
> Could the same be done for SSL? I haven't ever tried messing with
> configure, but if you like I'll have a go...

That would of course be useful, but I don't think that this particular case
would need that as much as a proper check for the ENGINE_* functions in the
libraries.

I mean, today the script checks for a header file and assumes features based
on that. It is not good enough.

We should (possibly after having found the header) check if
ENGINE_set_default is present, probably by simply adding...

  AC_CHECK_FUNC(ENGINE_set_default)

And if that exists, set HAVE_SSL_ENGINE or something and use that as a #ifdef
instead of HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H.