Re: Never reply to spam!

From: Zvi Har'El <rl_at_math.technion.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:37:24 +0200

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:58:38 -0500, Scott Armstrong wrote about "RE: Never reply to spam!":
> Björn,
>
> It might be nice to consider a member-only posting policy to avoid this
> in the future.
> If I remember right, you're using Majordomo and I don't know if that's
> possible.
> Ever consider migrating to Mailman?

I use majordomo on the mailing lists I manage, and I never had a spam problem.
It is easy to configure the list so that it only accepts postings from
subscribers. Non-member postings are intercepted and bounced to me, and if
these are real postings, I appove them. The only line in the majordo config
file you need for that is "restrict_post = file_name", where file_name is a
file including the e-mail addresses of those who are allowed to post, meaning,
the subscriber list!

I hope this will eliminate the spam problem in the curl mailing list, which
otherwise I enjoy reading.

Best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl_at_math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology