libcurl Perl Interface

From: Paul Harrington <paul_at_pizza.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:33:15 +0000

Hi

        I'm currently trying to rewrite one of my perl scripts that currently
uses direct calls the the curl binary to use libcurl perl interface. I
I currently have libcurl 7.9.4 installed and Curl-easy-1.1.9.

        I want to be able to do a curl call and capture the header,body and STDERR
seperately. Using a callback for the header/body works great - but it looks
like the only way to get stderr is via a file. However the following causes
a segmentation fault:

Curl::easy::setopt($curl, CURLOPT_STDERR, *ERROR);

I notice in the Change log that this perl module is meant to be used with curl
7.9.2 - but it mentions removing easy.xs and curlopt-constants.c. Do you mean
easy.pm as removed the xs file breaks things?

Removing the easy.pm seems to work as it gets regenerated but the
curlopt-constants.c seems corrupt as make gives:

curlopt-constants.c:75: unterminated `#ifdef' conditional

Please find example attached.

Regards

Paul

--
   Independent Internet Limited      /       Phone:  07779 622683