Re: curl on slashdot

From: Rick Jones <raj_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:04:24 -0700

I'd suggest we tone it down a bit - stuff like "nor are we scared" and
"this behemoth" might simply piss-off someone witha thin skin and
there's no real need. I'd probably have written:

During the summer of 2001, curl.com has been busy promoting their
client-side programming language for the web, named CURL.

We are in no way associated with curl.com or their CURL programming
language.

Our project name curl has been in effective use since 1998. We were not
the first computer-related project to use the name "curl" and do not
claim first-hand rights to that name.

We recognize that we will be living in parallel with curl.com and wish
them every success.

or something like that

rick jones

--
ftp://ftp.cup.hp.com/dist/networking/misc/rachel/
feel free to email, OR post, but please do NOT do BOTH...