Re: telnet on winNT

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:16:02 +0400

At 10:47 27-04-2001 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>Could it be because there's a file descrictor for stdin there? Windows is
>very picky on not mixing networked fds and file fds at other places, so I
>figure that can be what is happening here too...?

select under Win32 does not understand file descriptors. I took a look at
the Telnet code the night before. I haven't come up with a fix yet. The
problem is occuring in the select loop. The telnet code under Win32 sees a
timeout there and exits. I'll post a diff if I can figure out a fix.

Regards,
-sm