Re: HTTP 1.1 POST

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:44:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> -F does not work.

Actually, it works. It might not do exactly what you want though.

> It sends the content as

Yes, -F is for rfc1867-posts. They're built like that.

> I need the following:

> blah blah blah ...

The question is, how is that 'blah blah blah' supposed to look like? Is it
just user-specified data? I assume it is.

> Unfortunately, cURL is sending Content-type:
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded as well as my -H argument.

When you're using -d, yes.

> 1. when is the next release of cURL coming out? I'm using 6.5

7.1 was released a week ago, although it doesn't change this.

> 2. do you have a work-around for this?

I have made this work in my working verson.

> 3. can I help you patch/fix this problem?

I posted a patch the other day that fixes this. I have even received
confirmations that it works.

Apply the patch, extract the files from CVS or wait for the next release!

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77