Re: curl with SSL

From: Claude Cormier <techsupport_at_devises-or.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:12:02 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Claude Cormier wrote:
>
> > > If the configure script doesn't find the six required include files *and* the
> > > two required lib files, it won't build curl with SSL support.
> > >

> > All 8 files are reported as found. When I do a manual check in
> > /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include/opensll, all 8 files are there.
>
> But aren't they also #defined properly in config.h then?

> Ouch. There are *two* files named config.h in the package. There's one
> /config.h and one /src/config.h. The one in src/ only concerns the
> application (= the source files in src/), while the root-dir config.h
> concerns the lib.
>
> Edit the root dir if you want to change the lib's status.

Yes they are. All 8 in both config.h. In fact, they were already in
/config.h, I only added them in /src/config.h

> > Any more ideas ??
>
> Oh yes, we haven't emptied the line of ideas to try yet! :-)

I hope so...

> You can add -DUSE_SSLEAY=1 on the compiler command line in lib/Makefile
> instead of changing those #defines in config.h, it should enable the SSL
> stuff by force.

You mean at the end of these two lines:

COMPILE = $(CC) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS)
$(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS)
LTCOMPILE = $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile $(CC) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES)
$(AM_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS)

I did add -DUSE_SSLEAY=1 at the end of the two lines in /lib/makefile,
did make install and tried

curl http://daniel.haxx.se
SSL not supported...

Claude