Re: curl with SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:36:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Claude Cormier wrote:

> > If the configure script doesn't find the six required include files *and* the
> > two required lib files, it won't build curl with SSL support.
> >

> All 8 files are reported as found. When I do a manual check in
> /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include/opensll, all 8 files are there.

But aren't they also #defined properly in config.h then?

> > If you want to mock with the Makefiles manually to get this working, you must
> > make sure to edit the config.h file to match your preferences.

[snip]

> I added all those in /src/config.h

Ouch. There are *two* files named config.h in the package. There's one
/config.h and one /src/config.h. The one in src/ only concerns the
application (= the source files in src/), while the root-dir config.h
concerns the lib.

Edit the root dir if you want to change the lib's status.

> Any more ideas ??

Oh yes, we haven't emptied the line of ideas to try yet! :-)

You can add -DUSE_SSLEAY=1 on the compiler command line in lib/Makefile
instead of changing those #defines in config.h, it should enable the SSL
stuff by force.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77