Re: curl with SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:23:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Jochen Roderburg wrote:

> I discovered another small configure-problem when I compiled curl 7.1
> with SSL support under a SGI IRIX system with the native SGI development
> tools.
>
> It produces the following LIBS parameters:
>
> -lssl -lcrypto -L/usr/local/lib
>
> which don't work very well with most loaders.
>
> I changed this part in the produced Makefiles manually to
>
> -L/usr/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto
>
> and everything works fine.

This is what is mentioned in the FAQ, section 1.1.1.

> I have looked in the configure script itself where these parameters are
> generated and this part looks rather 'hand-coded' and not easily to
> modify.

It is an autoconf "feature" that has been reported to the autoconf-guys a
long time ago (even before we experienced this the first time), and I hope
they address this problem in their next release.

Until they release an updated autoconf, we will have to live with workarounds
such as your suggestion one or the one mentioned in the FAQ.

Thanks anyway for adding yet another configuration that shows this problem.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77