curl with SSL

From: Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg_at_rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:37:00 +0200

Hello,

I discovered another small configure-problem when I compiled curl 7.1 with SSL
support under a SGI IRIX system with the native SGI development tools.

It produces the following LIBS parameters:

-lssl -lcrypto -L/usr/local/lib

which don't work very well with most loaders.

I changed this part in the produced Makefiles manually to

-L/usr/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto

and everything works fine.

This problem doesn't show up with the GNU compiler/loader tools under Linux
etc., because these have a tendency to use /usr/local/include and
/usr/local/lib automatically.

I have looked in the configure script itself where these parameters are
generated and this part looks rather 'hand-coded' and not easily to modify.

Best Regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10 Tel.: +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln E-Mail: Roderburg_at_rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany