Re: telnet

From: andrew <tmr_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:38:43 -0900

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> The buffering you see is the normal buffering performed by fwrite(). Curl
> doesn't do anything special to enlarge or shrink it.
>
> Curl could of course disable the output buffering, or just make the output
> buffer very small. I just haven't made any thinking around it...
>
> Is there any particular reason why telnet would be different than other
> protocols in this aspect?

yes, since the connection is open for lets say a month and in that month there
is only
2 lines of data transferred every day and I want to process those 2 lines
of data each day, they will not be committed to the file until the buffering
is satisfied.
telnet unlike the rest can and is held open for extended periods. If you could

add a option to disable the buffering that would help in my case.

thanks.