Re: telnet

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:35:13 +0100

andrew wrote:

> > Is there any particular reason why telnet would be different than other
> > protocols in this aspect?
>
> yes, since the connection is open for lets say a month and in that month
> there is only
> 2 lines of data transferred every day and I want to process those 2 lines
> of data each day, they will not be committed to the file until the
> buffering is satisfied.

I'm convinced!

You can run ahead and get this effect by adding one line of code in
src/main.c. In the function my_write(), after the fopen() call you should
add a function call like:

        setvbuf(out->stream, NULL, _IONBF, 0);

There will be a new switched added in curl 6.5 that will let you select
this on the command line.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77