Re: telnet

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:36:31 +0100

Andrew wrote:

> short:
> is there a way to tell curl not to buffer telnet data and just output the
> file when using -o?

short answer:
no

> long:
> I set up a script to log data off telnet ports with the option -o but it
> looks like its buffering the data, instead
> of outputting to file packet by packet. looks like its buffering around
> 8129 but I haven't really looked.

The buffering you see is the normal buffering performed by fwrite(). Curl
doesn't do anything special to enlarge or shrink it.

Curl could of course disable the output buffering, or just make the output
buffer very small. I just haven't made any thinking around it...

Is there any particular reason why telnet would be different than other
protocols in this aspect?

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77