curl_easy_perform() call does not return

From: ÿ via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 13:26:57 +0900

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem with libcurl version 7.53.1 on linux 3.0.21.

My multithreaded cpp program uses libcurl to comunication with HTPP server.

The program was running and sometimes function return does not work when curl_easy_perform is executed.

curl_easy_setopt(curl_post, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 5L);

I also set the timeout using curl_easy_setopt, but the symptomI am facing seems to be that the timeout is not working.

My program waited for the return of curl_easy_perform from days to weeks, but curl_easy_perfrom did not return.

If someone have ever seen a timeout not working properly, can someone please help me find the cause?