Question about SSL Session Tickets

From: Joachim Mammele via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 09:36:06 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to get data from an embedded device and for this I would like
to use Session Tickets.
According to
https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2011-ssl-session-reuse-rfc5077 it is
necessary to send and empty "session_ticket" extension in the Client Hello
message.

Is this possible to do with CURL?

I'm using CURL 7.64.1 and OpenSSL 1.0.2e on Windows 10 but also have plans
to compile/use my application on Linux.

I saw that there are alrady some issues related to this topic:
https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3060 related to Session Tickets, is this
in the master now? (it seems that this is only for NSS but not for
OpenSSL?)
https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2220 This pull-request didn't make it
into master, did it?

Is my question related to the following TODO?
https://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html#Cache_share_OpenSSL_contexts

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
J. Mammele

Geschäftsführung: Susanne Kunschert, Thomas Pilz
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz: Ostfildern, HRA 210 893, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Kompl. Ges. Peter Pilz GmbH, Sitz: Ostfildern, HRB 210 612, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Umsatzsteuer: ID-Nr. DE 145 355 773, WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 71636849
This email is intended solely for the use of the named address(es). Any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of these confidential information contained therein, or the taking of any action based on it, is prohibited. The sender disclaims any liability for the integrity of this email. Legally binding declarations must be in written form.
Umweltschutz liegt uns am Herzen! - Bitte denken Sie an unsere Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken.
We do care about the environment! - Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.