Re: Question about SSL Session Tickets

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:50:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, Joachim Mammele via curl-library wrote:

> According to
> https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2011-ssl-session-reuse-rfc5077 it is
> necessary to send and empty "session_ticket" extension in the Client Hello
> message.
>
> Is this possible to do with CURL?

I don't think it is.

> I saw that there are alrady some issues related to this topic:
> https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3060 related to Session Tickets, is this
> in the master now? (it seems that this is only for NSS but not for OpenSSL?)

It didn't get merged. It was just closed with "Abandoned. Closing." in
February 13 2019.

> https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2220 This pull-request didn't make it
> into master, did it?

Nope, that too was abandoned and subsequently closed.

Clearly some people have considered this subject before but it seems nobody
yet could get the work all the way through to get merged!

> Is my question related to the following TODO?
> https://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html#Cache_share_OpenSSL_contexts

That TODO isn't related to tickets at all, but mentions a potential way to
share "contexts" across handles as a means of speeding up multiple TLS-using
connections.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me