Re: curl, governance, money and the future

From: James Fuller via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 16:29:01 +0100

I will do my Advocatus Diaboli bit as well.

   What about creating a company/foundation and have us all work there
and have Daniel as founder and owner ?

Admittedly there are few examples of companies who have a stable open
source business model (and I cannot claim to understand much about
business) ... and many of the binary companies (commercial version
which supports open source) seem to eventually canabalize open source
offering - personally I would prefer a single open source version
instead multiple code paths.

It remains unclear what the commercial side of a company would offer
eg. high performance http, analysis, consultancy etc ...

Not so serious a proposition, but I mention it because:

a) I would work for a company who's nexus crosses open source +
network protocols + curl

b) I could help find serious people with serious money (no I am not
well connected nor any kind of investor ... but from time to time my
paths intersect with those kind of people)

c) it might be fun

Jim Fuller