Re: curl, governance, money and the future

From: Christian Schmitz via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 08:11:53 -0800

> The main "problem" this solves is handling of money related to the project. When we want to receive and hand out money we run into problems when we don't have an "entity" that can hold funds. We can then only do it as individual persons and then risk running into either trust issues, tax issues or worse.

Than start a Limited or a non-profit to run CURL and fund it.

I thought about contribution before.
You know, if we contribute some money, we need a receipt and with a Swedish non-profit or so, it may work better than routing things through the US.

And you could just offer maintenance contracts and priority support as subscriptions.

The non-profit may make it easier to get funded by EU.

Sincerely
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:
http://www.mbsplugins.de/