FTPS: error 425 on connection re-use - SSL session not being re-used?

From: Ivan Pilipenko <ivan.pilipenko_at_matrix-vision.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 11:38:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

according to [1], the error occurs because proftpd requires the clients to also re-use SSL sessions if the connection is re-used. Setting the corresponding option in proftpd to work around the issue works, so it seems curl is still not re-using SSL sessions correctly. However, according to [2] it was supposed to be fixed back in 2016?

Is there anything special I have to do to make libcurl also re-use SSL sessions, or is it still broken/not implemented? I am currently using libcurl 7.60 and as far as I can tell there was nothing related in the 7.61 changelog.

[1] http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/TLS.html (Frequently Asked Questions, question 1)
[2] https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-04/0135.html

--
Freundliche Grüße / Best regards