Re: FTPS: error 425 on connection re-use - SSL session not being re-used?

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:28:23 -0400

On 7/27/2018 5:38 AM, Ivan Pilipenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> according to [1], the error occurs because proftpd requires the clients to also re-use SSL sessions if the connection is re-used. Setting the corresponding option in proftpd to work around the issue works, so it seems curl is still not re-using SSL sessions correctly. However, according to [2] it was supposed to be fixed back in 2016?
>
> Is there anything special I have to do to make libcurl also re-use SSL sessions, or is it still broken/not implemented? I am currently using libcurl 7.60 and as far as I can tell there was nothing related in the 7.61 changelog.
>
> [1] http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/TLS.html (Frequently Asked Questions, question 1)
> [2] https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-04/0135.html

You are referring to the mbedTLS/PolarSSL fix in 9f498de [1] but you
didn't mention what SSL backend you're using so this might be a
different issue. We need the curl -V for curl or curl_version() for
libcurl and then I will try that combination with proftpd and monitor in
wireshark to confirm.

[1]: https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/9f498de