Re: print curl_easy_setopt in debug function

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 11:07:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> Could we have some logs for this in libcurl itself?
>
> I think this would be a hard sell. libcurl logs are intended to give a view
> into the inner workings of libcurl that aren't available elsewhere, but
> logging the set options is easily done in the application. It would also be
> dozens of log lines in many situations which would hide other, useful log
> entries in their volume.

I agree that this would add interesting information in some cases, but I also
think its a bit excessive logging for the vast majority. A minor downside with
our single-bit logging flag.

If libcurl should do this, I think I'd argue for requiring some extra knob to
be turned on first before it gets sent to the debug callback/output. Which I
realize in itself might make it less interesting to some users...