Re: Compile warning on Fedora-26

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 10:14:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2017, Ben Greear wrote:

> Is there a good fix for this warning, or do I just need to turn off strict
> warnings?

> vtls/openssl.c: In function ‘ossl_connect_step1’:
> vtls/openssl.c:2091:5: warning: ‘SSLv3_client_method’ is deprecated
> [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
> req_method = SSLv3_client_method();

Your OpenSSL headers should define OPENSSL_NO_SSL3 so that libcurl won't try
to use SSLv3. When OPENSSL_NO_SSL3 is defined, there's no warning.

I think the warning you see serves its purpose exactly: it warns you that you
have SSLv3 enabled (and thus libcurl will get built to be able to use it).
There should be very little reason to have SSLv3 enabled in any software these
days.