more people with push rights

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:46:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I spend time every now and then thinking about how to go about and make sure
our project grows and develops in the right direction. So that we maintain or
grow the number of developers and get quality commits merged.

I think one way is to widen the group of people who can merge quality patches,
especially when the quality patches are their own. I'm NOT saying that we
should merge more things without using patches on this list or as pull
requests - as even if we have push rights getting things reviewed and
commented before push is highly valuable and important. I rather want us to go
more towards showing intent that way before we merge stuff.

But that's all me and I. I don't want to run this project as if I'm alone or
as if I know all the answers or have the only view of things and it has to be
my way. No, I want this to continue being a group effort and I want everyone
here feel that they can ALWAYS speak up and object, or agree to whatever is
said or merged or not said or not merged.

Anyway, to widen the team of people with push rights, I ran a command to
extract the people who have authored 10 or more commits since January 1st
2012, and all those who did and aren't already added as "team members" on
github will now get an offer from me to become one. Being a team member there
means that you *can* push commits and you'll also get a little "badge" in the
issue/PR trackers that says you're a member of curl.

I won't be offended if you don't accept it and you can of course still sending
pull requests or patches to this list even in the future. I will assume that
if you DO accept it, you keep up the quality you've already shown and stick to
the project ways and traditions.

Without further ado, here are the awesome hackers with 10 or more commits
authored since January 1st 2012 (including those with push rights already):

    2129 Daniel Stenberg
    1759 Steve Holme
     346 Yang Tse
     238 Marc Hoersken