Re: more people with push rights

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 01:52:10 -0400

On 8/30/2016 3:46 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> But that's all me and I. I don't want to run this project as if I'm
> alone or as if I know all the answers or have the only view of things
> and it has to be my way. No, I want this to continue being a group
> effort and I want everyone here feel that they can ALWAYS speak up and
> object, or agree to whatever is said or merged or not said or not merged.

I salute your intent but you also kind of just did the opposite and
worked unilaterally here, where you could have discussed this with
existing team members first. For example I would have said I think
measuring someone on the number of commits alone is not good. I also
don't like a 'public' number because it could encourage an adversary to
reach that just to get push rights. I have no objection though, I
recognize a lot of those names and let's see how it shakes out. Going
forward I do think existing team members should have some discussion
before new team members are added.

A lot of the unwritten rules like linear history and commit style should
be documented to make it easier for new team members, so I started a
wiki page for it https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/push-access-guidelines

Another idea - a mailing list that we can use to mail just team like
curl-team@ when there's an administrative issue or question etc