Introducing 'Everything curl' - the book

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:44:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends!

Almost a year ago I set off to write a book about curl and everything that is
related to it. Yeah, I call it Everything curl. Read it here:

  https://www.gitbook.com/book/bagder/everything-curl/details

My original plan was to have a first version done by the summer of 2016, and
then work on polishing it over time. Perhaps needlessly to say, I have not
completed that work yet. But now I've decided that we can still start talking
about the book and still use what's there to educate existing and future
users. My stats page shows it 73.6% complete right now and that may in fact
even be a bit exaggerated:

  https://daniel.haxx.se/curlbook/

An idea with the book and how it differentiates from our standard project
docs, would be that in the book we can explain things in the longest possible
form and how to combine things instead of just writing reference texts on how
things work. It is not meant to repeat the contents of the man pages, but
explain how things are or should be glued together.

Please, feel free to dive in and read what's there - there should be enough
content there to feed many users with information for a good while even with
the gaps that are still present. Submit bug reports on errors/mistakes you
find and if you see a 'TBD' where you think you can help out, even if it means
just adding two sentences, please do and send me a pull-request or just the
plain words. You can of course also reports bugs and feedback on the mailing
lists.

You can view all the markdown source files directly on github:

  https://github.com/bagder/everything-curl

There's also a convenient dedicated site with the latest HTML version of the
book easily accessible over at:

  http://ec.haxx.se/

The book is generated into various formats from markdown with the use of
gitbook.com's nice service.

(yeps, I also mentioned the book on the libcurl list back in December 2015 but
it has developed significantly since then)