RE: obsoleting ONE of the windows build systems

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:50:48 +0100

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I was prompted by a recent PR [1] to once again revisit this idea: I want to
> remove the nmake build files for Windows (all the files named
> Makefile.vc[number]). I want to have windows users wanting to build curl on
> the command line to use the setup in the winbuild/ directory.
You know my view as we have already discussed it in person - It's a +1 from me for in case anyone is wondering ;-)
We will need to fix testcurl.pl to use the one from winbuild instead and whilst we do that my autobuilds will probably fail :( However, due to my own stupidity I broke them about a month ago for the period of two weeks!!
I would also like to see the winbuild versions move to be in the same directories as the others makefiles, unless we think adding a directory per existing makefile is a suitable option?
Kind Regards
Steve