Re: CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION with CURLFORM_STREAM

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:33:07 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Andrew Fouts wrote:

> I'm using libcurl to POST form data using a FILE* with the CURLFORM_STREAM
> option of curl_formadd(). I've noticed that if the connection drops at just
> the right time, the POST is reattempted without the data from the file. It
> seems like the file stream position isn't getting reset to the beginning of
> the file. I found the CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION option and set that with a
> function that performs an fseek() on the FILE*. However, setting that
> didn't seem to fix the issue or get called.
>
> I searched the mailing lists and found
> https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2013-09/0195.html, which sounds similar to my
> issue. Did that issue ever get resolved? If not, are there plans to
> implement a fix for that issue?

Oh well, look at that!

No, I can't recall that we ever did any such fix and it probably just slipped
through and then drowned in the constant flood of other things.

Can you help us write up an as basic stand-alone program as possible that does
basically the same operation you do, so that we can use that to create a test
case that 1 - repeats the problem and then 2 - helps us verify a fix?