Re: Static Libcurl crashes on MSVC13

From: Sergei Nikulov <sergey.nikulov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:20:14 +0300

26 февр. 2016 г. 2:59 PM пользователь "Jules van der Toorn" <
jules_at_nuisdedag.nl> написал:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the quick answer!
> The code crashes at the curl_easy_perform(curl) function, but also later
at the curl_easy_cleanup(curl) function.
> I personally think something went wrong with linking it, but then i don't
understand why the simple code from the guide does work and this one
doesn't.

Sometimes such behaviour caused by wrong dll found in PATH.
Either libcurl, or openssl.
Could you please check it with console 'where' command?

>> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016, Jules van der Toorn wrote:
>>
>>> When i build the simple code he gave in his guide, it works great.
However if i use my (working with the dynamic library) mail receive
program, MSVC gives an error: first it says "program.exe has triggered a
breakpoint", and if i click continue it says: "Debug Assertion Failed!"
"Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)"

>> I'm afraid that is too little information for us to do anything with.
>>
>> Can you run it through a debugger and tell us more precisely where it
crashes and what the contents of the important local variables are?

>> Honestly though, I would rather suspect a flaw in your build. Like not
using the correct memory model or something in one of the libs you use.