CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION with CURLFORM_STREAM

From: Andrew Fouts <ajfouts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:51:07 -0600

Hello!

I'm using libcurl to POST form data using a FILE* with the
CURLFORM_STREAM option of curl_formadd(). I've noticed that if the
connection drops at just the right time, the POST is reattempted
without the data from the file. It seems like the file stream
position isn't getting reset to the beginning of the file. I found
the CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION option and set that with a function that
performs an fseek() on the FILE*. However, setting that didn't seem
to fix the issue or get called.

I searched the mailing lists and found
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2013-09/0195.html, which sounds similar
to my issue. Did that issue ever get resolved? If not, are there
plans to implement a fix for that issue?

Thanks!

Andrew