Re: Ref: LIST command disabled in remote FTP server

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 21:57:05 +0200

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 04:29:28PM +0530, saisudheer mittapalli wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We are using libcurl API in our linux service to connect to FTP server on
> remote machine.
> This service will communicate with remote FTP server and do file transfer to
> remote system.
>
> As part of this, to decrease the load LIST command has been disabled by
> customer on FTP server at remote system. But as part of libcurl connection
> initialization steps it expects output for LIST and if it fails to receive LIST
> output as it was disabled. So now libcurl sends QUIT command to terminate
> connection.
>
> So here we would like to know whether there any way to ignore LIST command and
> proceed further instead of QUIT.

curl will only do a LIST if it's trying to retrieve a directory listing. If you
already know the file you want, then supply its URL and curl won't do a LIST.
If you don't know the URL of the file you want, then I don't see how you'll be
able to get it if LIST has been disabled on the server.

>>> Dan