Re: Default to https with a command-line flag

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 00:04:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Nathaniel Waisbrot wrote:

> I'd like to be able to select HTTPS as curl's default protocol.

I think this is fair and goes in line with the general discussion among
internet protocol peeps today. We're switching over more and more of the web
to HTTPS and the browsers are also discussing things like trying https before
http when addresses are entered in the URL bar.

I'd be willing to accept patches that bring this functionality. I don't think
we're ready to switch the default anytime soon[1] but we will need a flag to
make it happen.

[1] = simply becasue we are conservative and keeping existing scripts and uses
functioning is very important to us