RE: How to set service name for SPNEGO?

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:06:05 +0000

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Wenlong Dong wrote:

> I investigated this further and could not find out a good way
> to set the service identiy/name.

Unfortunately there isn't at the moment - not at least for the HTTP or SASL based protocols.

The closest we have to it at the moment is CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE.

> So I went ahead and created this simple diff
> http://www.pastebin.ca/2929587 on top of libcurl version
> 7.36.0. Basically I added a new curl option
> CURLOPT_NEGOTIATE_SERVICE_IDENTITY for people to specify
> a custom service identity. Could this feature be added to libcurl?

As you have found out it isn't too hard to do this. However,

* I'd rather support this across all of the server name authentication mechanisms
* Possibly deprecate CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE
* The code hasn't also changed quite a bit since v7.36

Are you able to help us out and work on such a feature?

Kind Regards

Steve