RE: How to set service name for SPNEGO?

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:27:37 +0000

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Steve Holme wrote:

> As you have found out it isn't too hard to do this. However,
>
> * I'd rather support this across all of the server name authentication
> mechanisms
> * Possibly deprecate CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE
> * The code hasn't also changed quite a bit since v7.36

My apologies - What I meant to say was:

* I'd rather support this across all of our mechanisms that use a SPN (such as Socks 5, SPNEGO, Kerberos, Digest) in each of the GSS-API, SSPI and Native implementations
* Possibly deprecate CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE (I would suggest a new CURLOPT_SERVICE_NAME or CURLOPT_SPN, etc... option with the same value for API compatibility)
* The code has also changed quite a bit since v7.36 (The next release will be 7.41)

Sorry for any confusion but I wrote my previous email rather quickly this morning as I was trying to get out the door for an appointment at the hospital :(

Kind Regards

Steve