Re: libcurl.res : format not recognized

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 00:39:18 +0100

Hi,
On 17.11.2014 22:40, HiLow wrote:
> I new in libcurl and just at stage of building from curl-7.39.0.zip
> source package. I'm trying to build two target : a 32-bit and a 64-bit
> releases under Windows 7 against TDM64-GCC (aka. MinGW-W64). It's OK for
> the 64-bit build, but not about 32 bit one. Here is the command line I
> use to build this x86 target :
>
> mingw32-make mingw32 -j8 ARCH=w32 CFLAGS="-m32 -Os" CXXFLAGS="-m32 -Os"
> LDFLAGS="-m32"
>
> And here is the error I receive :
>
> libcurl.res: file not recognized: File format not recognized
> collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [libcurl.dll] Error 1
sounds to me that this TDM toolchain is somehow broken ...

> PS : and I have a minor question about my current building process under
> Windows : how to indicate the output directory where will be built the
> binaries (static lib, dll and associated .a) ? At this time, every build
> is created under the "lib" subdirectory, but what if I want both a
> 32-bit and 64-bit releases : should I have two libcurl install/trees ?
using the static makefiles with MinGW(64) is not mandatory, but just a
quick method to build without configure ...
if you want to have install targets I'd suggest you use MSYS/MinGW and
set your target through --host ...

I do use these static makefiles to build both 32 and 64 bit targets with
various build options, but I use the normal MinGW and MinGW64 toolchains
and not the TDM one since I had problems with this too when I tried it a
while ago ...

Gün.