libcurl.res : format not recognized

From: HiLow <hi.low_at_laposte.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:40:00 +0100

Hello,

I new in libcurl and just at stage of building from curl-7.39.0.zip
source package. I'm trying to build two target : a 32-bit and a
64-bit releases under Windows 7 against TDM64-GCC (aka. MinGW-W64).
It's OK for the 64-bit build, but not about 32 bit one. Here is the
command line I use to build this x86 target :

mingw32-make mingw32 -j8 ARCH=w32 CFLAGS="-m32 -Os" CXXFLAGS="-m32
-Os" LDFLAGS="-m32"

And here is the error I receive :

libcurl.res: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[1]: *** [libcurl.dll] Error 1

So, I tried to add RCFLAGS="-F pe-i386" but it remains the same. And
I finally added CPP="gcc -E -D_M_X86" also and no change, same error
about resource file format.

Do you have an idea about the reason why ?

Cordially

Eric

PS : and I have a minor question about my current building process
under Windows : how to indicate the output directory where will be
built the binaries (static lib, dll and associated .a) ? At this
time, every build is created under the "lib" subdirectory, but what
if I want both a 32-bit and 64-bit releases : should I have two
libcurl install/trees ?