Re: building with nghttp2 + ssl

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:35:08 +0100

Hi Daniel,
On 29.10.2014 20:46, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> It shouldn't be. OpenSSL 1.0.1 supports NPN and we can have nghttp2 use
> that.
I was going to ask Fabian Frank if it was intentional to make ALPN
mandatory ...

> And even more: we can even allow nghttp2 + an OpenSSL version without
> both ALPN and NPN like for the case when users are fine with doing http2
> only over plain-text http.
>
> Please try out the attached patch and see if it makes things better for
> you!
looks good (while I've not yet tested it, but will do asap);
but I think it's also necessary to add "!defined(OPENSSL_NO_TLSEXT)" to
the check for 1.0.1, or?

And BTW how does this work with the new OpenSSL forks like libressl? Do
they use openssl.c too? And if so how do their version numbers fit for
our bunch of other feature tests? (since its not only this test for
NPN/ALPN)

Gün.