Re: building with nghttp2 + ssl

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:15:02 +0100

Hi Lucas,
On 29.10.2014 17:33, Lucas Pardue wrote:
> Forgive me if I am missing something here but was the removal of NPN
> support intentional? The following changes seem to have done that
> for me:
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/e42e3a4facfca971b5e09e8351312946ccb25e79#diff-7dafef8d70eee3940c9184e4e4e93448
> and
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/357a15a6492ac0496abe952fae70aef7da017158#diff-7dafef8d70eee3940c9184e4e4e93448
I cant see how that can be; formerly the check was:

#if defined(HAVE_SSL_CTX_SET_ALPN_PROTOS) && \
  defined(HAVE_SSL_CTX_SET_ALPN_SELECT_CB)
# define HAS_ALPN 1
#endif

which means we look specially for ALPN functions present; also I tried
to compile against 1.0.1j and found these functions were not present;
instead they are only available with 1.0.2 (which is not yet released
but in beta3 currently).

To me it looks as if this commit removed NPN support, or at least made
ALPN mandatory:
8b6654224ba5f7ab358f4ebdb8270c3d92fd61df

> Since the above changes, I can no longer build curl, receiving the
> error message "error http2 builds require OpenSSL with ALPN
> support!".

sure? Did you really build after Feb 3, 2014 and before my latest
change, and it did work? That would really suprise me ...; but maybe I'm
missing something ...

Gün.