Problems starting server (was Re: lib1513 returned 7, when expecting 42)

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:21:39 +0200

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 10:34:37AM -0400, dev wrote:
> First thing, after the zeroth thing which is the lib1513, is that I see
> a row of yellow text for all manner of protocols. At the top of the
> page I see :
>

> Text looking like this is for servers that couldn't be started
> for the test round.
>
> Where "looking like this" is yellow background. Not sure what I am
> doing wrong here. Is there some magic or firewall things I need to
> adjust on the nightly build server or any hints ? I worry that a whole
> slew of things are going untested and *really* there are 55 test
> failures.

The yellow line just says that at least one test was skipped because there was
some problem starting the test server required for that test. If you search for
the string "failed starting" you can see which tests had this issue. For
example, the latest build skipped test 240 due to problems with the HTTP-IPv6
server. The apparent cause is this line:

 * Immediate connect fail for ::1: Network is unreachable

in the file http_ipv6_verify.log. That log is generated during the server
verification step, whereby the test suite does a known-good query on the server
that was just started to ensure that it's operational. If not, then there's no
point in trying to run the test as it will fail and cause a misleading failure.

That particular line implies that there is an IPv6 configuration issue on the
test box. There is another IPv6 check that happens before that to determine
whether or not an IPv6 stack is even available, but this appears to be another
IPv6 configuration issue. I suspect a "ping6 ::1" won't work, either. If you
fix that issue, this server, and probably the rest of the IPv6 servers (which
is the bulk of the failures showing up) ought to work.

>>> Dan