Re: Problems starting server (was Re: lib1513 returned 7, when expecting 42)

From: dev <dev_at_cor0.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 22:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

On August 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 10:34:37AM -0400, dev wrote:
> > First thing, after the zeroth thing which is the lib1513, is that I
> > see
> > a row of yellow text for all manner of protocols. At the top of the
> > page I see :
> >

> > Text looking like this is for servers that couldn't be started
> > for the test round.
> >
> > Where "looking like this" is yellow background. Not sure what I am
> > doing wrong here. Is there some magic or firewall things I need to
> > adjust on the nightly build server or any hints ? I worry that a
> > whole
> > slew of things are going untested and *really* there are 55 test
> > failures.
>
> The yellow line just says that at least one test was skipped because
> there was
> some problem starting the test server required for that test. If you
> search for
> the string "failed starting" you can see which tests had this issue.
> For
> example, the latest build skipped test 240 due to problems with the
> HTTP-IPv6
> server. The apparent cause is this line:
>
> * Immediate connect fail for ::1: Network is unreachable
>
> in the file http_ipv6_verify.log. That log is generated during the
> server
> verification step, whereby the test suite does a known-good query on
> the server
> that was just started to ensure that it's operational. If not, then
> there's no
> point in trying to run the test as it will fail and cause a misleading
> failure.
>
> That particular line implies that there is an IPv6 configuration issue
> on the
> test box. There is another IPv6 check that happens before that to
> determine
> whether or not an IPv6 stack is even available, but this appears to be
> another
> IPv6 configuration issue. I suspect a "ping6 ::1" won't work, either.
> If you
> fix that issue, this server, and probably the rest of the IPv6 servers
> (which
> is the bulk of the failures showing up) ought to work.

Well then, all I need to do is enable ipv6 and perhaps even get an ipv6
real
net block for some of my servers. A long over due task in any case. I
will at
least get a ipv6 localhost and then see what happens. Thank you Dan.

Dennis