Re: SMTP Invalid Address (501 5.5.4)

From: Tom Sparrow <tom.sparrow25_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 23:40:13 +0900

Thanks for your reply.
>I thought it would be but just wanted to be 100% sure ;-)
>Out of interest I take it the full cannonical name of the machine that your running from is not "&&&&&" ?
For setting such name to reproduce issue, I used following command
[sudo sysctl -w kernel.hostname="&&&&&"] on my linux machine (as
hostname command does not allow to set "invalid" name).Writing such
string to /proc/sys/kernel/hostname is one more alternative.

>Does your app work with the problematic server if you perform either of the following:
>a) smtp://xxxx.yyyy.com/DUMMY_HOST
>b) smtp://xxxx.yyyy.com/realhostname.example.com
Yes.. App works fine with both of the above cases.

(Curl_gethostname is not getting called. *path in
smtp_parse_url_path() is non-null - set to "DUMMY_HOST" for case a and
"realhostname.example.com" for case b)

Thanks and Regards
Tom