RE: Are these performance tips still valid today?

From: Jonathan C. <well.bad_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 03:14:38 +0000

Thank you for the answer, I don't think multi threading is going to help me, given the complexity.

The other ones I'm probably going to give a try.

About:

> 9: as documented

Well, I was trying to limit the protocols, and used the following to accept only HTTP:
curl_easy_setopt( curl, CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS, CURLPROTO_HTTP );
curl_easy_setopt( curl, CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS, CURLPROTO_HTTP );

And made a call to an url that does a redirect to https, and it worked, is that expected behavior? Should it not block the redirect (because it's going to a not authorized protocol)?