Re: Are these performance tips still valid today?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:25:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 May 2014, Jonathan C. wrote:

> I just found this article about some performance tips:
> http://devblog.moz.com/2011/02/high-performance-libcurl-tips/
>
> Are they still valid today?

I'd say some are, but some are directly wrong and were never the right idea.
It would of course be fun to produce some kind of "proper" and updated
document like this... My quick comments on his 9 bullets:

  1a: wrong.
  1b: as documented I believe
  1c: as documented
  2: as documented
  3: I'd say that's debatable but mostly a good idea
  4: I doubt his sigpipe problems were c-ares related
  5: Sounds good, although I'm not convinced it makes a big difference
  6: This sounds very fishy. I'd need more details before I trust that.
  7: Completely wrong and a bad idea. Disabling connection re-use will severly
     hamper performance.
  8: I would assume that to possibly be slightly faster but not by much.
  9: as documented