Upload failed for a file having unicode characters in its name

From: Mohammad Alam <malam1984_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:02:19 +0530

Hi All,

I am using windows and C++ in development and using libcurl to upload a
file on FTP it works fine if file name contains only ASCII characters but
failed when its contains unicode characters like ¶ëöá_alam.pdf

see below link
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-04/att-0064/sampleconv

Above example claims to addressed unicode issue but when I tried to use
sample code then getting compilation errors for following functions
platform_a2e
platform_e2a
platform_u2e

Let me know where I could found the definitions of above function.?
Is there exist another way to address above issue?

Regards,
Alam