Re: Upload failed for a file having unicode characters in its name

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:52:32 +0200

Hi,
On 24.07.2013 09:32, Mohammad Alam wrote:
> see below link
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-04/att-0064/sampleconv
>
> Above example claims to addressed unicode issue but when I tried to use
> sample code then getting compilation errors for following functions
> platform_a2e
> platform_e2a
> platform_u2e
>
> Let me know where I could found the definitions of above function.?
> Is there exist another way to address above issue?
it would help if you would also read the code and specially the comments
instead of just compiling it ;-)

<quote>
    The "platform_xxx" calls represent platform-specific conversion
routines.
</quote>

so these are defined nowhere but need to be replaced by true conv functions.

If you need unicode support on Windows you should try to build your own
libcurl with the proper define (without looking it up I think its
_UNICODE or something like that); that should switch usage of Windows
functions from functionA to functionW ...

Gün.