Re: Borland Log attached

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:05:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 May 2013, Mel Smith wrote:

> However, I crashed after all compiles completed, but during the link stage
> because of an undefined external: ' WSAIoctl '

So you have SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS defined but can't use it like that? See
lib/connect.c around line 120+

> I'm using an older established version of the Borland C/C++ compiler : BCC
> 5.8.2 on my Win XP (sp3) machine

We're back to territories where I can't help much. So how do you control TCP
keepalive of a socket in your environment?

This MS page seems to say that WSAIoctl requires a newer windows version:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms741621(v=vs.85).aspx

> However, I have on my machine BCC 6.5 and BCC 6.6 (the latest version from
> Embarcadero). Both of these don't work because of a duplicate 'pollfd'
> structure

I never saw a fix for those so yeah, they'll linger a while longer.